Graham Cracker Crust
6 1/2 ounces graham crackers (12 crackers), finely ground (1 1/2 cups)
2 1/2 ounces (5 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pulse graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar, and salt in a food processor until combined.
- Firmly press crumb mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie dish. Bake until crust is fragrant and edges are golden, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Makes one 9-inch pie crust.
Graham Cracker Crust Variations:
- Use graham cracker crust as the base for a classic key lime pie.
- Sub graham crackers with crushed wafer cookies, such as Nilla Wafers.
- Use smashed Oreos (omit the filling, and use only the biscuits) for the crust instead.
- Crumbled ginger snaps instead of graham crackers, then bake with a spiced holiday custard filling.