This recipe is for mushroom lovers. It tops the dough with caramelized onions and tons of sauteed mushrooms. To start your weekend by chowing down on this pizza, check out the recipe and read more.
1 store-bought pizza dough
8 ounces Fontina Valle d'Aosta, fontina, provolone, or mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
2 large sweet onions (such as Vidalia or Walla Walla), halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 cups assorted sliced mushrooms (such as shiitake, oyster, cremini, chanterelle, morel, and/or button)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary
Snipped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Roll out pizza dough as directed using a 16x12x1-inch pan.
- Arrange cheese slices on top of dough in pan.
- In a large skillet, cook onions, covered, in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-low heat for 13 to 15 minutes or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally. Uncover; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 5 to 8 minutes more or until onions are golden. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine mushrooms, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, the garlic, and rosemary. Cook over medium heat until mushrooms are tender; drain well.
- Spoon mushroom mixture over cheese. Top with onions.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until crust bottom is slightly crisp and brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Cut the pizza into 4-inch squares and serve immediately.
- Main Dishes, Pizza