From Everyday Food
Pork Chops With White Beans
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, chopped
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 can (15 1/2 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
4 well-trimmed bone-in pork rib chops (about 2 pounds; each 1 inch thick)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and rosemary; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until onion is golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together broth and tomato paste. Pour mixture into skillet; stir in beans. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until beans are coated evenly and sauce is thickened, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, generously season both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pork (in 2 batches, if necessary) until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve on top of bean mixture.