1 pound strawberries, sliced
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 sheet (9-inch square) frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
1 tablespoon honey
8 large mint leaves, thinly sliced
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 400°.
- In a large saucepan, cook the strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and vinegar over medium heat, stirring, until syrupy, about 7 minutes. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring, until reduced to about 1-1/4 cups, 10 to 15 minutes; let cool.
- Meanwhile, on a lightly floured work surface, roll out the puff pastry into a 13-by-14-inch rectangle. Cut into a 12-inch round, using a 12-inch plate as a guide; transfer to a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet.
- Fold the edges of the pastry inward to form a half-inch rim and brush with the butter.
- Spread the strawberry mixture within the rim.
- In a small bowl, combine the mascarpone and honey and dollop over the jam. Bake until the crust is golden, 22 to 25 minutes. Let cool, then sprinkle with the mint.
- Pies/Tarts, Desserts
- North American