1 box yellow cake mix, like Betty Crocker
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup neutral-tasting vegetable oil, like Canola
1 box (4 serving sizes) instant chocolate pudding
2 tablespoons red food coloring
1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow cream
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 ounces white chocolate, melted
- To make whoopie pies: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs, and chocolate pudding with electric mixer on low speed until well combined. Beat in red food coloring.
- Using an ice cream scoop coated with cooking spray, scoop 1/4 cup of batter onto the cookie sheet. Leave 2-inch space between each scoop. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until set. Rest for 2 minutes on baking sheet, and then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- To make filling: In a large bowl, beat marshmallow cream, cream cheese, and vanilla with electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy. Transfer to a piping bag.
- To assemble: Pipe about 1/4 cup of filling on bottom of 1 cooled cookie. Top with second cookie. Using melted white chocolate transferred to a piping bag, pipe spiderweb decoration on top of whoopie pies, if desired.
- 6 whoopie pies
- Cook Time
- 1 hour and 15 minutes