Portobello mushrooms are the meatiest of mushrooms. When stuffed with a bunch of cooked veggies, they make an excellent dinner. This recipe is quick, tasty, and hearty. If you've invited vegetarian guests to Thanksgiving dinner, these would be a scrumptious side dish. Make them tonight or make them later, either way you'll need the recipe so read more
4 large portobello mushrooms (about 1 lb.), cleaned
1/4 cup Italian reduced fat dressing, divided
1/4 cup chopped red pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 bags (10 oz. each) fresh spinach
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Twist or cut off stems from mushrooms. Chop stems; set aside.
- Use a spoon or sharp knife to scrape out the gills from mushroom caps; discard gills.
- Brush 1 Tbsp. of the dressing onto rounded sides of mushroom caps; place, rounded sides down, in foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Heat remaining 3 Tbsp. dressing in Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add mushroom stems, red pepper and garlic; cook and stir 2 min. Add spinach. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 4 min. or until spinach is wilted, stirring after 2 min.
- Spoon evenly over mushroom caps; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 18 to 20 min. or until mushrooms are tender.