Easy Roast Turkey Breast
1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup (half a stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup of My Dad's Famous Stuffing or other stuffing recipe
1 (5-6 lb) boneless turkey breast half with skin on
freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small both combine the chopped herbs with the softened butter. Set aside.
- Fill the middle of the turkey breast, where the bone would normally be with the stuffing. Spread evenly.
- Fold the two sides of the turkey breast up around the stuffing and tie to close.
- Place seem side down in a roasting pan. Rub all over with the herb butter and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast for an hour. Insert a thermometer into the thickest part of the breast. When the temperature reads 165°F, the turkey is done.
- Let rest for 10-15 minutes. Carve and serve with the pan juices.