Savory Leek, Mushroom, Asparagus Frittata
2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
1 cup chopped leeks (white and pale green parts only)
1 large shallot, finely chopped
1 12-ounce bunch thin asparagus, trimmed, cut on diagonal into 1-inch pieces (about 2 1/2 cups)
1 cup sliced stemmed shiitake mushrooms*
8 large omega-3 eggs
1 cup diced fontina cheese, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler. Melt butter in heavy broilerproof 10-inch-diameter nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and shallot and sauté 4 minutes.
- Add asparagus and mushrooms, sprinkle lightly with salt, and sauté until tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, 3/4 cup Fontina cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in medium bowl. Add egg mixture to skillet; fold gently to combine. Cook until almost set.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Fontina cheese and Parmesan cheese over.
- Broil until frittata is puffed and cheese begins to turn golden, about 3 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.
*I used crimini mushrooms instead of shiitake mushrooms.