Last night I went to a party at Carrots, and I came across the cutest favor idea: color-coded candy! The boutique always decorates in orange and they carried the theme over to create a gorgeously delectable candy spread. I plan on re-creating the idea for an upcoming party. You can, too! To learn how, read more.
- Start by collecting an assortment of clear, glass vases in different sizes and shapes. Cheap vases can be found at Michaels and Ikea.
- Pick out a bunch of candy in the same color. For example, if red is the color for your bridal shower get skittles, red M&Ms, red starbursts, red malt balls, Hot Tamales, red licorice, etc. Heading to a local candy shop is a great way to get inspired or check out the Halloween aisle of your favorite drugstore.
- Fill the vases with the candy, one sweet per vase.
- Arrange the vases on a large table. Place some on stacks of magazines or turned-over bowls to add depth to the display.
- Stack empty white Chinese takeout containers nearby.
- Invite guests to take home a container of candy!
Wouldn't a color-coded candy display be fabulous fun at a baby shower or wedding?!