Although I love both Alfredo and pesto sauce, I had never thought of combining the two! If you are stuck in a boring chicken and pasta rut, try this recipe for a pasta flavor fusion. Start with a quick and simple Alfredo sauce and mix in several tablespoons of pesto to create a dish that is full of depth. If you dislike red peppers, feel free to substitute fresh or sun dried tomatoes or steamed broccoli. To experiment with this recipe tonight, read more
8 oz. (1/2 of 16-oz. pkg.) angel hair pasta, uncooked
2 tsp. oil
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
2 cups milk
1/2 cup (1/2 of 8-oz) cream cheese
1 large red pepper, cut into strips or 1 1/2 cups roasted red pepper strips
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp. pesto
1 tbsp lemon zest, optional
1/2 cup pitted dry cured olives, optional
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 7 min. or until cooked through.
- Stir in milk and cream cheese spread; cook 3 min. or until cream cheese spread is completely melted and mixture is well blended.
- Add peppers, Parmesan cheese and pesto; stir. If using the lemon zest and olives add to mixture as well. Cook 3 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta. Add to cream cheese mixture; toss to coat.