I love chicken parmesan but my favorite recipe is super time consuming. When I'm in desperate need of chicken parm, I make this quick, cheesy open faced sandwich version. This works as a great end of the week meal because it's delicious, comforting, and simple to make. Serve it alone or with a green salad to jump start your weekend. Pair with a cool cocktail, icy beer, or chilled wine. Get the recipe now, just read more
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
One 26-ounce box chopped tomatoes
Salt and pepper
Crushed red pepper
4 thin chicken cutlets
2 tablespoons butter, softened
Two 6-inch firm-textured hoagie rolls, split
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add 3 garlic cloves and fry until lightly golden, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season the sauce to taste with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper and oregano.
- Add the chicken and simmer, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. Spread a little butter on each hoagie roll half, place cut side up on a small baking sheet and broil until golden and crunchy, about 3 minutes. Gently rub with the remaining garlic clove and set aside.
- Distribute half of the mozzarella on the roll halves. Arrange the chicken and some sauce over the cheese and then top with the remaining cheese.
- Broil until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle a bit of oregano on top and serve immediately.