Pre-made salad mixes and bagged greens are wonderful time savers when it comes to making quick, middle of the week meals. Season packaged coleslaw with sesame oil pairs with broiled chicken for tonight's dinner. The chicken is glazed with a mixture of hoisin, garlic, and ginger, making for a moist and flavorful meal. The coleslaw adds a nice, cooling crunch to the sweetness of the chicken. To take a look at the recipe, read more.
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
1 teaspoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 cups packaged coleslaw
1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine first 3 ingredients; spread evenly over both sides of chicken. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- While chicken cooks, heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute 2 minutes.
- Add coleslaw; saute 1 minute or until coleslaw begins to wilt.
- Place coleslaw mixture in a medium bowl. Add sesame oil, salt, and pepper, tossing to coat.
- Serve coleslaw mixture with chicken.
Serves 4 (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 1/2 cup coleslaw mixture).
Nutritional Information: CALORIES 189(16% from fat); FAT 4.3g (sat 0.7g,mono 1.1g,poly 1.6g); PROTEIN 27.8g; CHOLESTEROL 66mg; CALCIUM 52mg; SODIUM 505mg; FIBER 2.1g; IRON 1.4mg; CARBOHYDRATE 9.5g