From Food and Wine
Asparagus and Bok-Choy Frittata
2 tablespoons cooking oil
3 scallions including green tops, sliced thin
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small head bok choy (about 3/4 pound), cut into 1-inch pieces
3/4 pound asparagus, tough ends snapped off and discarded, spears cut into 1-inch pieces
3/4 teaspoon salt
9 eggs, beaten to mix
1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- Heat the oven to 325°. In a medium cast-iron or ovenproof nonstick frying pan, heat the cooking oil over moderate heat.
- Add the scallions, ginger, and garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the bok choy and cook, stirring, until the leaves wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are almost tender, about 3 minutes more.
- Evenly distribute the vegetables in the pan and then add the eggs, pepper, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Cook the frittata, without stirring, until the edges start to set, about 2 minutes.
- Put the frittata in the oven and bake until firm, about 25 minutes. Drizzle the sesame oil over the top.