From Real Simple
Asparagus-Goat Cheese Pasta
1 pound asparagus
1/2 pound thin spaghetti
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 14 1/2-ounce can chicken or vegetable broth
4 ounces goat cheese
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat a large pan of lightly salted water to boiling over high heat.
- Peel the asparagus stalks and trim the ends. Cut the stalks into 2-inch pieces. Blanch in the boiling water 3 minutes or until bright green and crisp-tender when tested with a small knife. With a slotted spoon, remove the asparagus and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Add the spaghetti to the boiling water and cook according to the label directions until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Blend in the flour with a whisk. Add the broth and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens. Blend in the goat cheese and lemon peel.
- Toss the spaghetti with the asparagus, sauce, and half the Parmesan. Serve with the remaining Parmesan and freshly ground black pepper.