- Main Dishes, Poultry
- North American
5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
1 (16-ounce) can apricot halves in light syrup, undrained
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach
Get more recipes at MyRecipes.com
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Place chicken and breadcrumbs in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal bag, and shake to coat.
- Add chicken to pan; cook 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until done.
- Drain apricots in a colander over a bowl; reserve 1/2 cup liquid. Add apricot halves and 1/2 cup reserved liquid to pan; cover and cook 3 minutes or until the chicken is done. Remove chicken mixture from pan; keep warm.
- Wipe pan with a paper towel. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and spinach; cook 3 minutes or until the spinach is slightly wilted. Serve spinach with chicken and apricots.
Serves 4 (serving size: about 4 ounces chicken, 3 apricot halves, and about 1/3 cup spinach).
Nutritional Information: CALORIES 432(18% from fat); FAT 8.8g (sat 1.6g,mono 5g,poly 1.3g); PROTEIN 46.2g; CHOLESTEROL 99mg; CALCIUM 131mg; SODIUM 819mg; FIBER 5g; IRON 4.6mg; CARBOHYDRATE 41.8g
Like the recipe above? Try out some of these other ones: