From The Nest
Curried Tuna Quiche
Pastry for 9 inch pie shell
1 cup cooked fusilli pasta (about 2/3 cup uncooked)
1 cup grated zucchini (with peel), squeezed dry
1 (6 ounce) can of flaked white tuna in water, drained
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated medium Cheddar cheese
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/4 cups skim evaporated milk
1-2 tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Roll out pastry on lightly floured surface to 1/8 inch thickness. Line 9 inch pie plate. Trim and crimp decorative edge.
- Scatter next 5 ingredients in pie shell. Set aside.
- Beat next 5 ingredients in medium bowl until smooth.
- Add evaporated milk. Stir. Pour into pie shell.
- Top with tomato slices. Bake on bottom rack in 350°F (175°C) oven for 60 to 65 minutes until knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes.
1 serving: 388 Calories; 19.6 g Total Fat (2.9 g Mono, 0.9 g Poly, 7.1 g Sat); 124 mg Cholesterol; 30 g Carbohydrate; 1 g Fibre; 21 g Protein; 566 mg Sodium