From Everyday With Rachael Ray magazine
Ginger Pork Chops With Spinach Salad
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
4 thick boneless pork loin chops
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
1 pint strawberries, sliced
6 ounces (half of a 12-ounce can) frozen lemonade concentrate
2 teaspoons ground ginger
One 6-ounce bag baby spinach
2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
Balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- In a heavy skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Rub both sides of each pork chop with salt, pepper, and the fresh ginger. Add to the skillet and cook for 1 minute, then cover, lower the heat to medium, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Flip the chops, cover and cook until brown, 10 minutes longer. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Reserve the skillet.
- Set aside 1 cup strawberries for the salad.
- Add the remaining strawberries, lemonade concentrate, ground ginger, and 3/4 cup water to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook, stirring, and smashing the berries, until the sauce is thick and reduced to about 1 cup, about 5 minutes.
- Divide the spinach among 4 plates and top with the goat cheese and reserved strawberries. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place a pork chop on each plate and top with the strawberry-lemonade sauce.