Filled with Greek flavors, this delicious dinner is part salad, part pizza. A crisp pita is topped with sautéed spinach and roasted tomatoes. A creamy yogurt feta sauce, scented with fresh lemon juice, finishes off the open-faced dish.
Light yet hearty, this vegetarian meal is perfect for a hot night. Get the simple recipe when you read more.
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
4 ounces crumbled Feta cheese
2/3 cup plain yogurt
Juice of half a lemon
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 10-ounce bag cleaned spinach
- Heat oven to 400º F. Toss the tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Arrange the tomatoes, cut-side up, on a baking sheet. Bake until they are just softened, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the Feta, yogurt, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt; set aside.
- Place a medium skillet over medium heat. Add 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil to the skillet. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is softened and just turning golden. Add the spinach and the remaining salt.
- Cook, tossing occasionally, until the spinach is just wilted, about 4 minutes.
- Brush both sides of the pitas with the remaining olive oil. Place in the oven and heat until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes per side. (You can also do this on a medium-hot grill.) Place the pitas on plates. Top with the spinach and tomatoes. Drizzle the yogurt-Feta sauce on top and serve.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES 553(0% from fat); FAT 28g (sat 11g); CHOLESTEROL 55mg; CALCIUM 644mg; CARBOHYDRATE 55g; SODIUM 2283mg; PROTEIN 23mg; FIBER 6g; IRON 6mg
- Sandwiches, Main Dishes