I used to save lamb chops for holidays, but then I realized that they can be just as delicious grilled to perfection and served with a homemade salsa. Lamb chops are actually wonderful when you are short on time because they cook in under 20 minutes. Tonight, serve these chops with a quick cooking rice and a simple, chunky tomato sauce. Fresh oregano and balsamic vinegar add freshness and a zippy tang to this meal. Spice up the middle of the week with this former special occasion meat, just read more
8 1-inch-thick lamb loin chops
Salt and pepper
1 8.8 oz. pouch cooked long grain rice
4 medium plum tomatoes, cut up
4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 Tbsp. snipped fresh oregano
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Season chops with salt and pepper.
- Grill over medium coals 12 to 14 minutes for medium-rare, turning once halfway through grilling.
- Meanwhile, microcook rice according to package directions.
- In food processor combine tomatoes, green onions, and oregano; process with on/off turns until coarsely chopped. Transfer to bowl; stir in vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange chops on rice; top with tomato mixture.