From Real Simple magazine
Low-Fat Fettuccine Alfredo
12 ounces fettuccine
1 head of broccoli
1 1/2 cups cups skim milk
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon flour
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cook fettuccine according to the package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook broccoli (cut into florets, stalks peeled and sliced), 3 minutes; drain.
- Heat skim milk and butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Slowly whisk in flour.
- Simmer until slightly thickened, whisking constantly, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan and salt.
- Add the pasta and broccoli and stir over low heat until heated through. Top each serving with Parmesan shavings.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES 445(0% from fat); FAT 9g (sat 5g); PROTEIN 22mg; CHOLESTEROL 23mg; CALCIUM 312mg; SODIUM 568mg; FIBER 4g; CARBOHYDRATE 72g; IRON 3mg