From Vegetarian Times magazine
Mediterranean Grain Salad
1 cup quinoa
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
2 tsp. olive oil
1 medium clove garlic, minced
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup chopped cucumber
1/4 cup sliced kalamata or other good-quality black olives
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, make dressing: in small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine peppers, cucumber, olives, onion and parsley. Mix well.
- Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Add quinoa, stir gently but thoroughly to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.