10 mixed yellow and red bell peppers
1 lb. bucatini or spaghetti
1/3 cup pine nuts
2-1/2 tbsp. olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. capers
1/2 cup yellow raisins
1/2 cup pitted black olives, coarsely chopped
Salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds; reserve tops. Put peppers in a large baking dish; set aside.
- Parboil the pasta by cooking it 3/4 of the time recommended on package (it should be somewhat underdone). Transfer to a colander, and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Place a dry skillet over medium-low heat, and toast pine nuts until golden, about 5 minutes; transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat olive oil in skillet and add garlic; sauté 30 seconds and transfer to the bowl. Add capers, raisins and olives to bowl. Add pasta, toss, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill each pepper with pasta mixture and replace the tops. Bake for 25 minutes, or until browned.