Every time I'm at my favorite Irish pub, FinBar Devine's, I have to order the Irish quesadillas. A tasty twist on the Mexican classic, this dish features tortillas filled with traditional Reuben sandwich ingredients: corned beef, coleslaw, and swiss cheese. It's bar food at its best.
It's okay if your neighborhood lacks an Irish pub, you can easily enjoy this delicious dish in your kitchen instead. It comes together in minutes and is a perfect middle of the week meal. Get the recipe when you read more
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups (1/2 lb.) shredded Swiss cheese
4 flour tortillas (10-in. size)
3 cups packaged coleslaw mix
1/2 pound thinly sliced corned beef
- In a small bowl, mix salsa and sour cream.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the cheese over half of 1 tortilla. Then place 3/4 cup coleslaw mix on cheese. Drizzle about 3 tablespoons of the salsa mixture over coleslaw. Lay 1/4 of the corned beef onto coleslaw; top with 1/4 cup more cheese. Fold tortilla over to cover filling. Repeat to make 3 more quesadillas.
- Place quesadillas slightly apart on baking sheets. Broil 4 to 6 inches below heat until crisp and lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes (watch closely).
- Using a wide spatula, carefully turn each quesadilla over. Broil until crisp and lightly browned on other side, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Cut quesadillas into wedges. Serve with remaining salsa mixture.
CALORIES 640(52% from fat); FAT 37g (sat 18g); PROTEIN 34g; CHOLESTEROL 120mg; SODIUM 1414mg; FIBER 2.1g; CARBOHYDRATE 43g