Saucy Beans and Eggplant
1 small eggplant (about 10 to 12 ounces), cut in 8 slices
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 cup seasoned fine dry bread crumbs
1 cup instant brown rice
Sliced green onion (optional)
1 15-oz. can navy or Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
1 26-oz. jar roasted garlic pasta sauce
Crumbled Feta Cheese (optional)
- Brush eggplant lightly with half the oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Coat in bread crumbs.
- In 12-inch skillet cook eggplant in remaining oil over medium-high heat 5 minutes per side. Turn frequently.
- Cook rice according to package directions; stir in green onion if using.
- In another saucepan combine beans and pasta sauce; heat through.
- Serve eggplants with rice and beans. Top with feta and black pepper.