From Cooking Light
Thai Steak Salad
1/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
1 to 2 teaspoons chile paste with garlic
1 (1 1/2-pound) flank steak, trimmed
1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
3 cups trimmed watercress (about 2 bunches)
1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
1/2 cup julienne-cut carrot
2 tablespoons finely chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
Get more recipes at MyRecipes.com
- To prepare dressing, combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- To prepare steak, heat a large nonstick skillet or grill pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Rub both sides of steak with pepper.
- Add steak to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Remove from pan; place on a cutting board. Cover loosely with foil; let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Place steak in a bowl. Drizzle with half of dressing, and toss well.
- To prepare salad, combine watercress and next 5 ingredients (watercress through carrot) in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing, and toss well.
- Divide salad evenly among 6 plates; arrange steak evenly over salad. Sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon peanuts.
Nutritional Information: CALORIES 230(40% from fat); FAT 10.3g (sat 4g,mono 4.2g,poly 0.9g); PROTEIN 25.1g; CHOLESTEROL 57mg; CALCIUM 68mg; SODIUM 327mg; FIBER 2g; IRON 3.3mg; CARBOHYDRATE 9.5g
Like the recipe above? Try out some of these other ones: