My brother has recently decided to change his diet. Instead of eating tons of fast food, he wants to consume more vegetables. I suggested he eat one hearty and filling salad a day. This two bean salad is perfect for him because it's chock full of flavorful vegetables. The beans provide much needed protein and a simple but well seasoned dressing is made with balsamic vinegar and dijon mustard.
To check out the recipe, read more.
1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
1 15-oz. can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 6-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
1/4 cup sliced red onion
1/4 cup finely chopped Italian parsley
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. maple syrup
1 clove garlic
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/4 cups olive oil
1 Tbs. fresh tarragon
- To make Two-Bean Salad: fill large pot with 1 inch water and set steamer basket in pot. Cover, and bring water to a boil.
- Place green beans in steamer basket. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and steam 2 to 3 minutes, or until green beans are crisp-tender. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile make the Tarragon Dressing: blend vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, garlic, salt and pepper in blender or food processor until smooth.
- With machine running, gradually add oil and tarragon through feed tube, and blend until smooth.
- Toss green beans with all remaining salad ingredients in large serving bowl. Pour dressing over salad, and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature.
- Main Dishes, Salads
- North American