I was about ten years old when I had my first snickerdoodle cookie. I had no idea what one looked like, but recall being excited by the idea. A cookie, made with a Snickers candy bar? Oh how fantastic!
Imagine my surprise when the cookies arrived and I saw that they were just sugar cookies coated in cinnamon sugar. There were no Snickers bars, or doodles for that matter. While I enjoyed the cookie tremendously, it still left a small void in my heart. A void that could only be filled by cookies stuffed with mini Snickers bar. To get the void-filling, totally tasty recipe — peanut butter cookies with gooey candy chunks! — read more
2 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
20 Snickers miniature candy bars, unwrapped
Makes 20 HUGE cookies.
- In large bowl, combine sugars, butter, peanut butter, vanilla and eggs.
- Beat well.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix well.
- Shape about 1/4 cup of dough smoothly around candy bar making sure bar is completely covered.
- Place 4 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 13-14 minutes or until light golden brown and puffy.
- Cool 10 minutes and remove from cookie sheets.