Feeling the need for one extra cup today? Go ahead and indulge, because today, Sept. 29, is National Coffee Day. Here are five ways to celebrate, so try one or four, depending on your level of sluggishness.
- Enjoy — really enjoy — a cup by following the coffee tasting process employed by the pros. This way, you'll appreciate the complexities rather than just the jolt.
- Free coffee! At 7-Eleven's CofFree Day, get a free medium cup until 11 a.m. Krispy Kreme is also giving away free coffee, no doughnut purchase necessary. But, you know, while you're there . . .
- Speaking of doughnuts, in honor of National Coffee Day, Dunkin' Donuts is hosting an online Chance for StarDDom contest to find the country's most passionate Dunkin' Donuts coffee fan. Enter on DD's Facebook page for a chance to star in a Dunkin' Donuts ad or down free coffee for a year.
- Make coffee ice cream. At least in San Francisco, it's still ice cream weather, so why not have your coffee for dessert?
- Whip up another java-licious recipe. Here are eight recipes with coffee as the secret ingredient.
Source: Flickr User brookpeterson