As the peaches cook, they become juicy and caramelized. The final dish is drizzled with a gingery vinaigrette.
For the perfect midweek pick-me-up, serve this sophisticated Summer meal with a chilled glass of white wine. Check out the recipe.
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and pepper
4 6-ounce salmon steaks (about 1 inch thick)
2 medium red onions, cut into wedges
3 peaches, cut into wedges
- Heat grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, ginger, thyme, 3 tablespoons of the oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- Season the salmon with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the onions, peaches, the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper.
- Grill the salmon and the onions, until the salmon is opaque throughout and the onions are tender, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- After flipping the salmon, place the peaches on the grill and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Drizzle the salmon with the vinaigrette and serve with the onions and peaches.
- Fish, Main Dishes