Since YumSugar's Shirley Temple Happy Hour was such a hit, I decided today to post one of my favorite non-alcoholic drinks, the good old, Arnold Palmer. Equal parts lemonade and iced tea, this drink combines two of my favorite beverages to make one cool concoction. For the recipe, read more
1 part Lemonade, recipe below
1 part Iced tea, recipe below
- Fill a big glass with ice and equal parts lemonade and iced tea.
- Stir to combine. Enjoy
9 assorted fruit tea bags, such as Red Zinger
1 English breakfast tea bag
8 cups boiling water
Sugar, to taste
Freshly squeezed lemon juice, to taste
Ice cubes, for serving
Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- Place tea bags in a 2-quart heatproof pitcher; pour in boiling water.
- Let steep for 10 minutes; carefully remove teabags, and discard.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Stir in sugar and lemon juice.
- Pour over ice, and garnish with mint.
- Serve immediately.
Makes about 8 cups.
4 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 cups sugar
3 1/2 cups water
Lemon peel strips, for garnish (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine 2 cups lemon juice and the sugar.
- Bring to a boil, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and let syrup cool.
- In a pitcher, stir together lemon syrup, remaining 2 cups lemon juice, and 3 1/2 cups water.
- To serve, pour over ice, and garnish with lemon peel, if desired.
Makes 2 quarts.