From the New York School of Bartending via Wikipedia
Wikipedia's Bloody Mary
1 oz. to 1 1/2 oz.vodka
1 dash celery salt
1 dash ground black pepper
1 dash Tabasco
2-4 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp. horseradish (pure, never creamed)
Dash of lemon juice
- Add vodka to a Highball glass filled with ice.
- Fill glass with tomato juice.
- Add celery salt, ground black pepper, tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, lemon juice.
- Shake or stir lazily, your choice.
- Garnish with any or all of the following: celery stalk, a skewer of olives, pickles, carrots, mushrooms, or other vegetables; or even meat or fish (salami, shrimp, etc.) and cheese (see photos).