See the recipe after the break!
3–4 large whole-wheat tortillas, or enough to cut out 12 small circles (I prefer low-carb/high-fiber tortillas)
1 cup lean ground turkey, cooked (or 1 cup lean ground beef or 1 cup MorningStar meatless Crumbles)
1/2 cup salsa of choice (I used one with corn)
2 tsp dry taco seasoning
1/2 cup low-fat refried beans
1/2 cup low-fat shredded Mexican blend or 2 percent cheddar cheese
Optional Toppings: sliced black olives, shredded lettuce, low-fat sour cream, chopped tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Spray a 12-count muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Start by laying each tortilla out individually on a flat surface, and use an empty can, glass cup, or cookie cutter to cut 3–4 medium circles out of each wrap.
- Press each wrap circle into muffin tin using your fingers. (Note: it doesn’t have to cover the entire side of the tin. It should just fit snugly!)
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the ground meat, salsa, taco seasoning, and refried beans. Stir until well-combined.
- Scoop one eighth cup of the meat mixture into each wrap.
- Top with shredded cheese (dividing it evenly between each pizza) and olives, if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12–15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Wait for the mini Mexican pizzas to cool and remove from the muffin tin using a fork or knife. The pizzas should pop out with ease! Serve with a side of salsa, low-fat sour cream, chopped tomatoes, and/or shredded lettuce, if desired!
- Other, Snacks
Don't forget to share your own recipe ideas in our Healthy Recipe group in the Fit Community!