From Lauren Hendrickson
Asparagus Pizza With Lemon Vinaigrette
1 package of premade pizza dough
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1/2 cup ricotta cheese, preferably full fat
1 bundle of asparagus, thinly sliced
1 lemon, juiced plus 1 teaspoon zest
2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup green garlic or scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- On a large cookie sheet lightly covered in flour, prepare the pizza dough. Roll or stretch the dough until it's thin and covers the whole sheet. To prevent large bubbles, prong with a fork, punching small holes, all over the dough.
- Place the pizza dough in the oven and cook halfway until it is just golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Once the dough is golden brown, flip it over to ensure a crispy crust. Top with grated mozzarella, spoonfuls of ricotta cheese, and the sliced asparagus. Cook until the cheese is golden, about 4-6 minutes. If the pizza is not browning, try using the broiler for just a couple minutes but be sure to keep a close watch.
- While the pizza is cooking, whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, and champagne vinegar. Slowly pour and whisk in olive oil until the mixture is emulsified.
- Move the cooked pizza to a cutting board and top with lemon vinaigrette and sprinkle the green garlic or scallions over the top.
Makes 8 slices.