A little while back the Internet went crazy for chocolate-covered bacon. Like every bacon lover, I fantasized about tasting the ultimate salty-sweet combination of bacon and chocolate. Instead of hopping in a car and heading to the Santa Cruz store that makes the pork-chocolate treat, I decided to experiment with my own variation. If I've been making chocolate-covered strawberries since I was 13, I can most certainly make chocolate-covered bacon! The process is straightforward: it involves two simple ingredients and an even simpler cooking technique. The result is an oddly delicious dessert with a rich, delicate balance of sugar and smoke. So scrumptious, homemade chocolate-covered bacon is the ultimate edible gift. To see the recipe, read more.
Original recipe by PartySugar Ingredients 6-8 slices thick cut, best-quality bacon Directions Makes 6-8 slices of chocolate-covered bacon.
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
4 ounces white chocolate, melted, optional for garnish
Original recipe by PartySugar
6-8 slices thick cut, best-quality bacon
Makes 6-8 slices of chocolate-covered bacon.
- The ingredients are surprisingly simple.
- If you've never baked your bacon, you should definitely give it a try.
- Unless a recipe needs bacon grease, I always bake it.
- Waiting for the water to boil.
- My make shift double boiler.
- Whisk the chocolate until smooth.
- Coat the bacon in chocolate.
- Let the chocolate harden and cool.
- Drizzle with white chocolate.
- I also happened to have strawberries in my house, so I dipped a few in chocolate as well to serve along side the bacon.
- Photo 11
- Photo 12