- Start by baking the pie in a disposable aluminum pie pan. This way you won't have to remember to get the pan at the end of the party.
- Pick up a pie box from a local bakery or the baking department of your regular grocery store.
- Place the box on a large sheet of parchment paper. With a pencil, trace the shape of the box onto the parchment paper. Cut down to size leaving a two-inch border on one edge.
Read more to learn the rest of the technique.
- Cut three long rectangular sheets of parchment paper roughly the size of the sides of the box. These will protect the sides and edges of the pie.
- Fold to fit inside the box.
- Gently place the pie inside the parchment-paper-lined box.
- Cover the pie with a final square of parchment paper. Close the lid on the box.
- If traveling by car, place the pie box on the floor in the backseat and be sure that nothing will fall on top of it.
Do you have a pie-transportation tip? Please share with us below!