What's easier (and arguably even tastier) than peach pie? These adorable individual peach cobblers from Anna O'Steen of Lovely Lady Cakes. Watch the video to learn how to make them, then bake up a batch before peach season comes to a close.
8 yellow peaches, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, divided
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
1 1/8 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
1/4 cup boiling water
2 tablespoons heavy cream
Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Toss together the peaches, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, lemon juice, and cornstarch in a large bowl. Divide evenly between 4 ramekins, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the flour, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, the remaining brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Work in the butter with your fingertips, then fold in the boiling water.
- Divide the cobbler topping between the ramekins, drizzle with heavy cream, sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon and sugar, and bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream, if using.
- Cobblers, Desserts
- North American
- Serves 4