Didn't you think last night's episode of Hell's Kitchen got off to a much better start than the first episode? The contestants had to dig through garbage, fillet, slice, and portion a whole halibut — finally something a chef really has to do, prep halibut! — and cook dinner service. For winning the halibut challenge, the boys got alone time with Ramsay on a yacht. To see my thoughts on the episode and discuss it at length, read more.
First off, I know I mentioned it last week but Jason is so sexist it makes me sick. After he made the Tupperware comment, I almost turned off my TV. I can't wait for Ramsay to nail him and send him packing. Now that I got that off my chest, let's dish:
- Was anyone else totally weirded out by the Double Dare-esque dig through the trash? Were the cheftestants not given enough time to change out of their pajamas and put on shoes?
- Didn't Gordon look super hot when he threw the whole halibut on the table and started cutting out perfect 6-ounce portions?
- What do you think of Jennifer? Was it OK that she was angry at Corey for losing the portion challenge?
- What about cry-baby Petrozza? Should he have been sent home for wanting to quit?
- Why wasn't Gordon pissed when Rosann said she had been holding tickets because she didn't want the kitchen to get too crowded?
- Were you surprised by Corey's strategic decision to not put up Sharon for elimination? Did she do the right thing?
And the part you've been waiting for, my favorite Ramsayisms:
- On the chefs' appearances after digging through the trash: You better start giving a damn. Now go get in the showers, I'll meet with you in the kitchen. You stink.
- On the importance of knowing the menu: Is it really that hard to know the menu inside and out? Eat, sleep, live, breathe it? I have 3,000 menus in my head! Now move your ass.
- On Petrozza's failure to know the menu: You know, you're on the verge of making me look stupid.
- On Sharon's presence in the kitchen: Sharon you are scaring me. You look like the female version of f***ing Hannibal Lector. Put your toungue in for God's sake.
- On Sharon's presence in the kitchen, part two: You're not really a chef, are you? You're just a show girl with a big feather coming out of your ass.
Photos courtesy of Fox.