Now that there are fewer contestants, Hell's Kitchen has finally begun to take itself seriously. However, for me it's a little too late. I'm sick of the dramatic antics and every episode feels the same — the steak is raw, the pasta is bland, and Jen acts like a self-centered brat. Timing, communication, and innovation were key elements of last night's show. To chat about it, read more.
- Would Matt make a better cars salesman than chef?
- Do you think Gordon Ramsay ever makes things up? Like the blue team's scallops being raw...
- Wasn't it cute when Louross attempted to make the punishment fun?
- Did the red team work better because they were a threesome and they had time to relax?
- Was this filmed an entire year ago? Their menu dishes featured ingredients — mainly strawberries — seasonal to Spring.
- Gordon. Jean Phillipe. The Pacific Ocean. What!?
- If it was her dish, why wasn't Christina making the parpardelle?
- Have you ever sent a dish back for being tasteless?
- How do you feel about the teams going back to girls vs. boys?
HK wouldn't be the same without bad boy chef Gordon Ramsay. Here are a couple of my favorite quotes from last night:
- On the blue team's Jen influenced menu: Let me tell you something! That menu sounds hideous. This menu needs to be upgraded with excitement.
- On Matt's salty pasta: Matt! You're dripping sweat, into the parpadelle, so much its salty now!
- On Matt's behavior in the kitchen: Why is he behaving like a baby? What, did you order a diaper?
- On Matt's bland pasta: Hey slime! Come here, eat it that was disgusting!
- On Matt's sweatband: Matt! Take the bandanna off. This is not the Simpsons, Homer.
Photos courtesy of Fox.