3/4 pound fettuccine or linguine pasta
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Three 5-inch links precooked chorizo (9 ounces total), sliced 1/4 inch thick
6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1-1/2 cups dry white wine
3 dozen small clams, such as littleneck, rinsed
1-1/2 cups diced tomatoes with their juice
1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large, heavy pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high, add the wine and clams, cover and boil. Stir occasionally and, as the clams open, transfer them to a large bowl.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and boil for 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat to low, add the pasta to the sauce and stir to combine. Divide among 4 shallow bowls, add the clams and sprinkle the parsley on top.
- Main Dishes, Pasta