- Main Dishes, Pasta
2 1/2 cups uncooked radiatori pasta
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 pound ground turkey (you can use ground beef, chicken or pork)
1 28 oz. can of whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- In a large pot, cook the pasta as directed.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, season ground turkey with chili powder, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat several tablespoons of olive oil. When oil is shimmering, add onions. Sauté for several minutes then add garlic.
- When onions are nearly translucent, add ground turkey. Cook until turkey is fully browned and cook all the way through. Note: If there is excess oil from the meat, drain at this point.
- Next, add the tomatoes. Cook until heated. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- At this point, the pasta should be about ready. Drain and return to pot. Add tomato mixture to pasta. Stir until fully incorporated and serve!
- Garnish with parmesan cheese, minced green onions, etc.