For a different take on dessert popcorn, Life Above the Clouds demonstrates how to make corn pop with melted marshmallows.
Holy shmoly this stuff is delicious! It's caramel popcorn plus marshmallow goodness, and there's nothing wrong with that in my opinion! I was looking for a quick afternoon snack, and thankfully I just stocked up on marhsmallows for the Summer (can you say s'mores?). My only problem with this recipe is that it doesn't harden like regular caramel popcorn does, so I ate the gooey mess with a fork.
For more pictures and the recipe, keep reading.
1 package microwave popcorn popped
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. light corn syrup or honey
1/2 tsp. vanilla
12 large marshmallows
- Pop popcorn until done, remove any unpopped kernels.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and marshmallows.
- Turn heat to medium and stir until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour over popcorn and stir in until popcorn is evenly coated.
- Spread onto a baking sheet to cool. (Or eat it with a fork like me!)
- Store in an airtight container.
(Inspired by chef in training via Pinterest)
Want more? Start following Life Above the Clouds, and then be sure to get started on your own OnSugar blog. Who knows? Your work could wind up featured here!