From Tyler Florence
Ham, Gruyere and Caramelized Onion Frittata
8 extra-large eggs
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 small onion, diced
4 small red potatoes, diced
1 cup diced smoked ham or Canadian bacon
1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, for finishing top
1/4 cup sour cream
1 bunch chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, Gruyere cheese, salt, and pepper until foamy.
- Melt butter in a cast iron pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and potatoes and cook thoroughly.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top. Pull the edges away from the sides of the pan with a spatula so the eggs flow to the bottom of the pan. When the frittata is half set, add the ham.
- Transfer the pan to the heated oven. Bake for 10 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Shower with grated Parmesan and serve garnished with sour cream and chives.