Modified from Gourmet magazine
Island Pork Tenderloin Salad
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon curry powder, toasted
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cooked pork tenderloins (2 1/4 to 2 1/2 lb total)
3 navel oranges
5 oz baby spinach, trimmed (6 cups leaves)
4 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage (from 1 medium head)
1 red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into thin strips
1/2 cup golden raisins
2 firm-ripe California avocados
- Make vinaigrette: whisk together juices, mustard, curry powder, salt, and pepper, then add oil in a stream, whisking until emulsified.
- Prepare salad ingredients: cut peel, including white pith, from oranges with a sharp knife, then cut oranges crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Toss spinach, cabbage, bell pepper, and raisins in a large bowl with about 1/4 cup vinaigrette.
- Halve, pit, and peel avocados, then cut diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Cut pork at a 45-degree angle into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Line a large platter with dressed salad and arrange sliced pork, oranges, and avocados in rows on top. Drizzle some vinaigrette over avocados and oranges.