If you don't have any solid plans for this weekend, don't let the food festivities pass you by. From New Mexico's Hot Chili Days, Cool Mountain Nights event to an Iowa homage to sweet corn, August is packed with distinctive culinary celebrations.
Personally, I wish I could attend North Carolina BBQ pitmaster Ed Mitchell's dinner at the James Beard House — but I'll happily settle for a local lesson in making Summer farmers market cocktails. What's on your tasting itinerary for the weekend? Pipe up and tell us in the comments!
- Houston, TX: Houston Restaurant Week — Aug. 11-23
- New York, NY: Modern Israeli Cuisine at the James Beard House — Aug. 12
- San Francisco, CA: Botanical Spirits & Summer Farmers Market Cocktails – Aug. 12
- Chicago, IL: Taste of the Nation Chicago — Aug. 13
- West Columbia, SC: Eat, Drink & Think Local — Aug. 13
- Red River, NM: Hot Chili Days, Cool Mountain Nights — Aug. 13-15
- West Point, IA: West Point Sweet Corn Festival — Aug. 13-16
- Boston, MA: Fisherman's Feast – Aug. 13-16
- Delcambre, LA: Delcambre Shrimp Festival — Aug. 13-16
To see the rest, read more.
- Springfield, MO: Summer Sizzle BBQ – Aug. 14-15
- Emporia, KS: Flint Hills Beef Fest — Aug. 14-16
- Sonoma County, CA: Grape to Glass Weekend — Aug. 14-16
- San Rafael, CA: San Rafael Food & Wine Festival — Aug. 15
- Cary, NC: Beer, Bourbon & BBQ — Aug. 15
- Hayward, CA: Hayward Zucchini Festival — Aug. 15-16
- Napa, CA: Taste of the Nation Napa Valley — Aug. 17
- Philadelphia, PA: Taste of the Nation Philadelphia — Aug. 17
- New York, NY: Legends of Barbecue with Ed Mitchell — Aug. 18
- San Francisco, CA: Summer Garden Party at the Magic Flute — Aug. 18