Short days, cold nights, and the Winter blues may cause you to stay in this week. But rather than growing roots on the couch, let your stomach lead you to greener pastures. Enjoy a Mexican fiesta cooked the slow way in the nation's capital, or take advantage of three-course dining deals this month in San Francisco. Dine on Daniel Boulud's creations for a good cause, or hear one of the decade's hottest chefs, David Chang, speak at the James Beard House.
What will you be up to this week? Let us know in the comments below.
- Boulder, CO: Twisted Pine Potluck — Jan. 12
- Yosemite, CA: Chefs' Holidays at The Ahwahnee, Session 2 — Jan. 13-14
- Washington, DC: Slow Food Dinner at the Mexican Cultural Institute — Jan. 15
- Anchorage, AK: Great Alaska Beer & Barley Wine Festival — Jan. 15-16
- San Francisco, CA: Dine About Town San Francisco — Jan. 15-31
- Rye, NH: The Winter Wine Festival — Jan. 15-Feb. 27
- Key West, FL: Florida Keys Seafood Festival — Jan. 16
- New York, NY: David Chang on Momofuku at the Beard House — Jan. 16
- Yosemite, CA: Chefs' Holidays at The Ahwahnee, Session 3 — Jan. 17-20
- San Diego, CA: San Diego Restaurant Week — Jan. 17-22
- West Palm Beach, FL: Taste of Compassion — Jan. 18