Instead of featuring established restaurant chefs hoping to increase their profiles, the participants consist of well-known Food Network stars and Top Cheffers like Michael Chiarello, Anne Burrell, and Spike Mendelsohn. Even Top Chef Masters winner Marcus Samuelsson is getting competitive.
To see the complete list of chefs who will duke it out to win the title of Iron Chef come Oct. 30, keep reading.
- Michael Chiarello of Bottega, Napa, CA
- Elizabeth Faulkner of Citizen Cake and Orson, San Francisco
- Alex Guarnaschelli of Butter and The Darby, New York City
- Chuck Hughes of Garde Marnger, Montreal
- Beau MacMillan of Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain, Phoenix
- Geoffrey Zakarian of The National and The Lambs, New York City
- Marcus Samuelsson of Red Rooster Harlem, New York City
- Spike Mendelsohn of Good Stuff Eatery, Washington DC
- Anne Burrell, host of Secrets of a Restaurant Chef
- Robert Irvine, host of Restaurant: Impossible
Alton Brown returns as host and Michael Symon as a judge. Joining him on the panel are UK Iron Chef Judy Joo and journalist Simon Majumdar. The cast is pretty interesting, and it makes me wonder if the world is running out of fame-seeking chefs who want to appear on reality TV. Or are these chefs simply so hungry to compete that they'll take any chance they can get? What's your take on the announcement? Will you watch?