Ah, Memorial Day: a time for honoring veterans, grilling burgers, and (apparently) attending food festivals! Honestly, there are so many yummy events happening over the holiday weekend that you could eat yourself into a cajun, barbecue, or seafood stupor (depending on where you live). Here are a few of some of my favorite finds. If you know of something else, tell us in the comments below!
- New Orleans, LA: Wine & Food Experience — May 20-24
- Shreveport, LA: Mudbug Madness — May 22-25
- Gonzales, LA: Jambalaya Festival — May 22-25
- Kodiak, AK: Kodiak Crab Festival — May 22-26
- Vancouver, BC: EAT! Vancouver the Everything Food and Cooking Festival — May 23-25
- St. Louis, MO: Rib America Festival — May 23-26
- Cleveland, OH: 17th Annual Marc's Great American Rib Cookoff and Music Festival — May 23-26
- Virginia, VA: Pungo Strawberry Festival — May 24-25
Lots more local food events, so read more.
- Austin, TX: Austin Wine Festival — May 24-26
- Cincinnati, OH: Taste of Cincinnati — May 24-26
- Albuquerque, NM: Albuquerque Wine Festival — May 24-26
- Las Cruces, NM: Southern New Mexico Wine Festival — May 24-26
- Montreal: Mondial de la Biere Beer Festival — May 28-June 1