1 lb. of orzo
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
half of a lemon, juiced
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 small shallot, minced
freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1 small jar sundried tomatoes in oil
1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, sliced in half lengthwise
1 bunch green onions, dark greens removed, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Fill a large pot with water and season with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cook the orzo according to the instructions on the package.
- Drain well and rinse with cold water until the orzo is cool.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the vinaigrette. Whisk the vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, shallot, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Slowly pour in the olive oil, in a steady stream, whisking constantly to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a big bowl, combine the orzo with the tomatoes, olives, green onions, fresh herbs, and cheese. Pour on half of the vinaigrette. Season the salad generously with salt and pepper. Toss well to coat. Add more vinaigrette until the pasta is moistened to your liking. Chill until serving.
- Salads, Pasta
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern