1 1/2 cups Lillet Blanc or white wine
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise, seeds scraped and reserved
2 pounds firm, ripe peaches (5 to 7), halved and pitted
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for dish
6 ounces fresh raspberries
4 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- Butter a 12-inch round baking dish; set aside.
- Bring Lillet, 1 1/2 cups water, 3/4 cup sugar, and the vanilla bean and seeds to a boil in a large, wide saucepan over high heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- Add peaches, cut side down, and cover with a round of parchment paper, placing it directly on top of peaches. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer until peaches are very tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer peaches, cut side up, to prepared dish; reserve 1/4 cup poaching liquid (discard the vanilla bean). Arrange raspberries among peaches.
- Whisk eggs, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, and the salt in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in flour. Whisk in milk, melted butter, vanilla extract, orange zest, and reserved poaching liquid. Pour around fruit.
- Bake until edges are puffed and golden, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack 20 minutes before serving. Clafouti can be refrigerated, covered, up to 1 day.
Serves 6 to 8.
- Desserts, Fruit