It's a few days late for Easter, but I just had to share this cake. I was looking through TeamSugar and came across Bettyesque's Carrot Cake Easter Basket. I loved how she provided the recipe and gave us step-by-step directions on how to make the cake on our own. It's so simple, but looks absolutely divine. I wish I had one of these on my Easter table!
If you want to try and make it yourself — or if you just want to see her process — then get the recipe, just read more.
Submitted by TeamSugar member Bettyesque
Well I was working on this all morning ... here is the recipe for the cake. Now the basket was entirely different task. I used crushed pecans for the basket, use a teaspoon and just drizzle and shape a basket. I then mixed food coloring in the icing for the grass and eggs. I left the icing mixtures out for a bit so they would stiffen some. I applied the green icing with a knife making upward strokes to appear as grass. I used a teaspoon to scoop the other colors and then lightly placed on the cake reshaping if necessary. I used gels and non perils to decorate the eggs....Its really not that difficult and adds a nice touch to a carrot cake for Easter.
Hope you enjoy this post!
* 4 eggs - I use 5 more fluffy ;)
* 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
* 2 cups white sugar
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 3 cups grated carrots
* 1 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan or two 8in pans
2. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, white sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in carrots. Fold in pecans. Pour into prepared pan.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting Or ... Make your Own
# 1/2 cup butter, softened
# 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
# 4 cups confectioners' sugar
# 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
# 1 cup chopped pecans
To Make Frosting: In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Stir in chopped pecans. Frost the cooled cake.